Any organization or individual presenting an event that supports the TBID Grant purpose and goals is eligible to apply for funding. Applying organizations or individuals must be prepared to meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of dollar for dollar match for the requested grant funds.
- Proven ability to generate, track and report hotel room nights and economic impact of the event. A minimum of 100 NEW room nights is required for all meetings/events.
- If 75% of the committed new hotel room nights listed on the application are not realized, 50% of potential grant funds will not be awarded.
- Marketing plan, budget form and event planning timeline must be provided with application submission.
- Existing meetings/events must submit event history (up to 3 years), including number of hotel rooms booked, attendance and financial reports.
- Communication with hotels regarding hotel arrangements must begin with the TBID Sales Manager.
MISSOULA TBID HOTELS USAGE
- Missoula TBID hotels will be used exclusively as the official event hotels until such time as room blocks at the participating hotels are filled. Overflow may go to non-TBID hotels after such time.
- Event website and attendee communications must include an "Accommodations Page" providing direct links to all chosen Missoula TBID hotels.
- A hotel room block is required to be established with at least one Missoula TBID hotel. Please keep a copy of all hotel agreements made for the Post Event Report. Assistance from the TBID Sales team is available.
- Final actualized hotel room nights (final pick up numbers) must be tracked and collected based upon reporting from chosen Missoula TBID hotels, i.e. Group Pick-Up Reports.
- Event materials to include acknowledgement of TBID grant ("produced with support from Destination Missoula & the Missoula Tourism Business Improvement District") and approved Missoula TBID and Destination Missoula logos.
- The Missoula TBID and Destination Missoula will receive advertising opportunities in premium position relative to cash investments made by other sponsors. Event Owner is responsible for providing the Missoula TBID with ad specs and due dates with at least 30 days notice.
Marketing efforts should include, but are not limited to:
- Use of Destination Missoula and Missoula TBID logos on all materials.
- Use of the Destination Missoula website – DestinationMissoula.org on materials and link on event website.
- Acknowledgment of TBID grant ("This event was produced with support from Destination Missoula & the Missoula Tourism Business Improvement District").
- A Destination Missoula-Missoula TBID banner prominently hung at the event location for the duration of the event. Banner placement should be reflective of title sponsorship and visible to all event attendees. Banner will be supplied by Destination Missoula.
- Event Owner must track all media advertising placement for the marketing performance report.
Conduct a survey to event attendees collecting data on room nights generated from the event and estimates on spending in the local economy.
At a minimum, survey questions to include:
- Where did you stay during your visit?
- How many rooms did you book? How many nights did you stay? How many people were in your group?
- What were the highlights of your visit to Missoula?
- What would have made your Missoula visit better?
- Will you return to Missoula? If not, why?
- Estimated total cost for your trip?
POST EVENT REPORT CONTENT
Provide a written post event report to the Missoula TBID staff no later than 30 days after the event end date. The Post Event Report should include, but is not limited to the following:
- The total number of hotel rooms blocked and picked up at TBID Hotels compiled in the Event Owner Hotel Report
- Hotel room block agreements and pick up reports from Missoula TBID hotels to reconcile the Event Organizer Hotel Report
- Total number of local and out of town event participants and spectators
- The percentage of spectators that live in Missoula
- The percentage of out of town participants and spectators that traveled by air
- The average daily hotel room rate paid by participants and spectators
- Event attendee survey responses
- Level of event growth as a result of grant funds received
- Examples of sponsorship recognition, including copies of ads and images of event collateral
- Provide a summary of all marketing. Event Owner must provide a performance report including media advertising placement performance metrics
APPLICATION DUE DATES
- March 1st by 5pm MST: Application deadline for meetings/events taking place the following October or beyond.
- September 1st by 5pm MST: Application deadline for meetings/events taking place the following April or beyond.